9.10.2009

If I Only Had Today

Hilary Weeks new album, If I Only Had Today, raises a question...what would I do, if I only had today?
I would want to do all of the things that I think would make you happy. The problem here is, I don't know if they really will, make you happy, that is.
I could clean the kitchen and do the laundry, I could even vacuum the stairs. But would that really make you happy? Tomorrow I would just wish that I had done something different. I'd wish that I would've held you. I'd wish that I would've told you that I love you. I'd wish that we would've talked about forever. But most of all, I'd wish that I had today.
Knowing that I may only have today, is scary. I want more. I want tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. But we only have today, right?
I know that we have tomorrow. I know that we have forever, eternity. But earth is a scary place without you. And i'm scared that today is the last day with you on earth. I just hope that my prayers are answered and that you can stay with me for a little while longer here on earth.
But most important, I hope you know that I love you.

2 comments:

kali said...

Beautiful and thought provoking post. kudos. By the way, how are you Holly? It's been forever! I miss ya!

Andrea said...

I love that you're blogging again. :) Love ya lots kiddo!