6.13.2008

Feeling GREAT!!! - With no particular reason in mind.

This last week has been the best, in a really long time. I can't pin point what happened over the weekend to make me feel so optimistic, but I don't care. I feel liberated and the one thing that I want more than anything else in the world, is for the feeling to last forever. Now I'm twenty years old, I'm not ancient or anything, but I've lived plenty long enough to know that I should just enjoy it while it lasts. But I really don't think that I've ever felt this way before.
Along with my optimistic and all too fantastic week I've made some, quite possibly life altering, decisions. First, I completely forgot how much I love history. I haven't taken a history class since ninth grade but I love it. So I've decided that after my mission I definitely want to go to school for history. As much as I loved it in Virginia I think I would like to try and get accepted to BYU. I know that I will have to retake the ACT test and do some MAJOR studying in order to get an acceptable score. And I will probably have to take some summer or online courses before they accept me as a full-time student. I would like to try and get a dance or softball scholarship of some sorts also, to help me pay for the outlandishly priced tuition they charge. So i'll definitely have to work on that too. Visit the batting cages, take some classes and do my own practicing in my free time.
Second, I love running. While i'm no good at it and I can't really run for more than thirty seconds at a time, I absolutely positively love running. So i'm going to start. I'm doing a ten week "become a runner" training, that should have me running for thirty minutes by the end. I'm so ridiculously excited for it. The training begins with eight days of walking and I started today, and I feel great!
Third, I really need to buckle down. I believe that I will very soon, be working two jobs. I need it and I am capable of it. Both are jobs that I know I will love so that part is easy. But I really need to 'work' on my work ethic. I am generally a very lazy person, so two jobs is going to be exhausting. But I need the money, and we all know that I need the kick in the pants. My hope is that APX will give me a full-time job with a steady schedule, and that I can work at Sears on the nights and weekends. I have confidence that APX will hire me for their call center, I just don't know how the schedule thing will work out. But I'm praying about all of it.
All of this liberation and planning and what not, is going to be overwhelming for sure. But I know that if I can keep a good attitude and I turn to the Lord, I will do great.

No comments: